The first live airing of 2013 is not happening tonight as my vocal cords are on a temporary break. Otherwise all is fine and summaries of 2012 are being cooked, brewed and prepared in all the necessary ways for the soon-ish presentations.
Obviously I wouldn't want to leave you on Monday evening without any music at all so I propose the tracklist that aired originally on 03.01.2011 as I presented some of the best recordings of the previous 2010 year. Note that tha blog was only a couple of months old at that point so only a couple of the cds got reviewed properly, most are described or mention in the relative post descrbing my votes for the El Intrusso 2010 Poll (you can find those easily if you search the "best of 2010" tagged posts on the blog).
It seems almost comical when in the everyday conversations one refers to a movie as "old" 3-4 months after its premiere. Let the playlist be a reminder that Art (the good one) doesn't have the "best before" date. After all 2010 in jazz history is like a week ago.
1. Taylor Ho Bynum & Tomas Fujiwara - Keys No Adress (from "Stepwise" on Not Two)
2. Angles - Present Abstness/ Pygmi (from "Eplieptic West - Live in Coimbra" on Clean Feed)
3. Sainkho Namtchylak & Nick Sudnick - Play 2 (review can be read here)
4. Adam Lane Full Throttle Orchestra - House of Elegant (from "Ashcan Rantings" on Clean Feed)
5. Harris Eisenstadt - Hasui (for brass trio) (from fantastic LP release "Woodblock Prints" on NoBusiness)
6. Tomasz Stanko - First Song (from "Balladyna"; birthday of Tomasz Szukalski on 8th Jan.)
7. Herbie Nichols Project - Swan Song (this is a tribute band playnig Nichols's music, led by Ben Allison and Frank Kimbrough; birthday of Herbie Nichols today - 3rd Jan.)
8. Rodrigo Amado - Newman's Informer (from "Searching for Adam" on Not Two)
9. Sainkho Namtchylak & Nick Sudnick - Play 6
10. Adam Lane Full Throttle Orchestra - Bright Star Calypso
11. Angles - Every Woman is a Tree
12. Harris Eisenstadt - Hiroshige (for woodwind trio)