The last live radio session before the summer so be sure to tune in. While some material from the three recently reviewed cds (Reed Trio) will find its way into the playlists, mostly we will just relax and have a lot of fun celebrating the birthday of one of the best songwriters of the last century. And while The Beatles didn't play jazz tunes, some jazz artists were inspired enough to pay them a tribute and play a beatles tune or even dedicate them the entire album. So we will travel through the series of jazz covers of songs like "Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hear's Club Band", "Tomorrow Never Knows" and others.
Tune in at 8pm CET to www.radiofrycz.pl (there might be some problems with the player on the site and the aac stream is off, use the mp3 link to open the stream; winamp or itunes work just fine). I'll be glad to chat on facebook.
For those who will be late - the playlist will be replayed after the program is done.
2. Doctor 3 - Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Ann Dyer & No Good Time Fairies - Eleanor Rigby
4. Lol Coxhill - I Am The Walrus
5. Reed Trio - Sitting on a Warm Stone (Mikolaj Trzaska solo) (from "The Last Train to the First Station")
6. Danilo Rea & Roberto Gatto - Here Comes The Sun (I know it George Harrison's song but who cares :) ) / With a Little Help From My Friends.
7. Ann Dyer & No Good Time Fairies - Tomorrow Never Knows
8. Kickshaw - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
9. Reed Trio - All The Glasses Were Upside Down
10. Sex Mob - Live And Let Die
11. Doctor 3 - For No One / What A Pill
12. Anny Dyer & No Good Time Faires - And Your Bird Can Sing
13. Danilo Rea & Roberto Gatto - Aguas De Marco / Dear Prudence / Aguas De Marco
14. Steven Bernstein's Millenial Territory Orchestra - All You Need Is Love
15. Mieczyslaw Kosz - Yesterday (paraphrase)
This will be the last live session this season. Next week though there will be a chance to play something from the archives before going on for a definitive summer break.