Sunday, March 13, 2011

Free Jazz Alchemist Radio with Nature Boy, Charles, Mike, Daniel and others

While the new reviews on the blog present pretty much what kind of music I'm usually listening to, especially when it comes to jazz department, the historic attiture towards the calendar in the radio program reminds me quite often about musicians and music I haven't been in touch for a while. Making for a great opportuninty to get back to those sounds and melodies that maybe are not as exciting as they used to be, but still represent big part of my musical self-education. That will be pretty much the case of tomorrow's playlist with (on the occasion of their birthdays) some Bill Frisell, Charles Lloyd, Lennie Tristano, couple versions of "Nature Boy" in tribute to Nat King Cole. 
On the more contemporary side there's birthday of Daniel Levin (he'll be playing a duo with Rob Brown late this month in Krakow plus I just got the new cd on Not Two where he's playing but won't be able to choose anything new for the playlist, propably next week). 
Plus a song a-piece from Billie Holliday and Nina Simone based on a birthday wish from a friend of mine (happy birthday Agata!) which I could not decline.

Hope you'll join me. Appointment is tomorrow (monday) 8.00 pm CET on www.radiofrycz.pl and the facebook chat. Playlist will be published here during the program and, as is the habbit lately, it will be re-played again (so, around 10 pm CET) to those who were late or would like to listen again :)

1. Lennie Tristano - East Thrity Seconds
2. Nina Simone - Where Can I Go Without You
3. Doctor 3 - Nature Boy / Falls
4. Mike Westbrook - Wilhelm Tell Ouverture III
5. Mike Westbrook - Wilhelm Tell Ouverture V
6. Bill Frisell - Outlaws
7. Daniel Levin Trio - Hangman
8. Juhani Aaltonen Trio - Nature Boy
9. Charles Llody & Billy Higgins - Desire : Chomolungma
10. Daniel Levin Quartet - Cannery Row
11. Bill Frisell - Things Will Never Be The Same
12. John Coltrane Quartet - Nature Boy (first version)
13. Charles Lloyd & Billy Higgins - Devotion : Sally sunflower Whitecloud
14. Bill Frisell - Gone, Just Like a Train
15. Billie Holliday - I'm a Fool To Want You
16. Bill Frisell - Tales From the Far Side

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birtday to me! Yeeeeeeeey! Can't wait till tomorrow:D It's going to be legen-wait for it-daryyyy!

    gAgatka:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm really impressed with the quality of the music on the show. It's really impressive!

    Rudy Carrera
    CLCX Records - clcx.org
    A Miscellany of Tasteful Music - amiscellany.info
    Steinblom - steinblom.info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alchemi,how you are surprising me!!! Your music programme is great!!! Is like a trip to many beautiful places on the world during one evening. I love it!!! I am waiting impatiently for next Monday:)Thank you

    ReplyDelete

It feels great when someone's reading what I'm writing! Please leave a comment if there's anything on Your mind concerning the post (or other subjects) and come back soon.